Priority Health’s Healthy Living Tip of the Week
You probably already know that spending most of your day sitting can lead to negative health outcomes, such as diabetes, weight gain and heart disease. What you don’t know is that this is true even if you work out regularly. Sitting for long periods of time can offset the benefits of exercise, as well as actually change the way your body works. Sitting all day can slow metabolism and cause a drop in healthy cholesterol. To prevent this, integrate movement into your entire day. For example, take the long way through the office to get to your next meeting, get a glass of water every hour or stand and work for a while.
MCB / WPE Notes
– The new schedule is posted. We’ve got some sponsor specials that are going to be made available to blog subscribers at some point this week. If you want in on it, you’re going to have to sign up to “follow” the blog at jeffwatters.wordpress.com
– This Friday is going to be a boxing workout at the studio. If you have gloves, bring them. The ones that I have, at least the ones that I’m going to let you borrow, smell like ass.
– Bridal workout and “holiday training camp” workouts are set to start this week. If you’ve been talking about it, get off your butt and do something about it.
– Outdoor Saturday workout? Could have been on the river front this week… was a gorgeous day for a “field trip” workout. Going to try again this Saturday. We’ll figure out the location once we get the bodies. Could be bloomer, royal oak, Detroit or the studio. Majority rules.
– This is the last week to sign up for the entire 2012 Muddy Watters Trail Series for half price. Cost goes up next week. http://jeffwatters.com/bump_run.html
– link to check out – best motivational video ever